Monday, July 7, 2008

The Most Delicious Salad Ever

My husband and I went out for dinner on Saturday night for our 5th anniversary. We tried a new restaurant- one we had never been to before. It was DELICIOUS! I had this salad as an appetizer and it was the best salad I've ever had! Seriously! My husband thought I was going to lick the plate!
I'm going to do my best to recreate it here....clearly, I need to start taking pictures of what I eat before I dig in!

This recipe will make one salad, obviously add more to make it a larger meal or appetizer!

Mixed Field Greens

1 tomato, quartered

1/4 cucumber peeled and cut into small chunks

5-8 pitted kalamata olives

1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds

Soft Goat cheese such as Chevre or any kind that you like. (Not the crumbles, get a good goat cheese!)

Raspberry Vinaigrette- this is the most important part, find one that is not too thin and tastes delicious!

Place field greens on plate, around the edge place tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Top greens with almonds and then "fork" out little dollops of goat cheese on top! Salt and pepper to taste then top with dressing, not too much, not too little!

I'm sorry this is so vague but the combination of all these flavors was just PERFECT! I think I may have to go and get some take out salad, my mouth is watering!!

2 comments:

LunaNik said...

Mmmm....sounds good. But, may I recommend lightly toasting the almonds in a dry pan first...it seems to bring out a bit more of their nuttiness.

Unknown said...

Ohhh yes! Excellent call!!

I had the salad again last night...the husband surprised me with it and I got a picture...I'll have to post it!

 
design by suckmylolly.com