Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Most Delicious Salad Ever-Take 2

I'm revisiting the salad!

LunaNik made the suggestion of toasting the almonds before adding them! I'm pretty sure they were toasted in my salad and I never mentioned it. Either way, Luna is totally right! Just throw the nuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat and toast for a few minutes. The toasting makes the nuts crunchier and it draws out the nutty oils that make them taste even better!

Last night my husband came home from softball and surprised me with The Salad. It was SO GOOD! It appeared last night they tossed the greens in some balsamic vinaigrette before assembling the salad. Definitely added more flavor! It wasn't a ton of extra dressing, just enough! And then topped with the remaining ingredients....again, so good!

If you're from my area feel free to email me and I'll let you know where you can get this fabulous salad. My husband even offered to go and work there so he could find out EXACTLY how to make it!!

The pictures are terrible. They were fast, I wanted to eat!! ENJOY!



0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com